Badby School becomes multi-Academy Trust with 3 other schools 2014    
 2011Population 632 (312 male, 320 female), 272 dwellings
Post Office closed2008 
Youth Hostel closed2005 
2001Population 633
Mains gas to the village. Co-op closes1992 
 1991Population 720
 1986Population 715
Nature Conservancy Council designate Badby Woods a Site of Special Scientific Interest1985 
 1981Population 652 – 52% Females. 228 houses
New chestnut trees planted to replace ones showing signs of age 1975 
The Glebe begun1974 
Houses built in Stone Way1973 
 1971Population 580
National School closed and pulled down. Used for Sunday School & Mothers’ Union1966 
Council acquires land to create school playing field1965 
Houses built in Park Close1963 
 1961Population 483
Mains water available for all >1956 
Neneside Close built1956/7  
Last Fawsley Woodman (E Hickman) retiresMid- 1950s 
Seat donated by WI placed on The Green1954 
 1951Population 478
Street lighting installed 1949 
Main drainage arrives1948 
New council houses built on Pound Lane1947 
Youth Hostel Association acquire cottages on Church Green (c. 1686). Opens 19461945 
Still public stand-pipes on Vicarage Hill, Church Green, Church Hill, Brookside, Bunkers Hill, Main Street fed from Reservoir opp. Church, fed by springs1940s 
Phipps Brewery take over The Maltsters Arms1939 
Electricity in the village1932 
 1931Population 444
Cemetery extended1930 
Chapel renovated by C Rodhouse JP1929 
Council houses built on Pinfold Green1927 
 1921Population 468
Branch of Women’s Institute started by Lady Knightley. Parish passes to Bishop of Peterborough1919 
House where Corner House now stands burnt down1917 
Current Badby School opened1913 
Red Chestnut trees planted to commemorate the coronation of George V 1911/121911Population 423
Public subscription towards a new Council school1904 
Co-op opens1902 
 1901Population 408
Parish Council take over the village greens from Sir Charles Knightley 1897 
 1891Population 519
Churchyard closed, cemetery opened1889/90 
 1881Population 530, 131 houses
Restoration of interior of Church by EF Law1880 
Chapel opened as Congregational Church1873 
 1871Population 608
Mary Lady Knightley’s School used as infants’ school, National School created in cottages opposite The Vicarage on Vicarage Hill1870 
 1861Population 618
Enclosures Award1779177990 houses and 44 homesteads
First recorded landlord of The Maltsters Arms (Barwich Brayfield)1772 
Simon Marriott was the earliest recorded landlord of The Windmill1766 
Act passed for creation of the Banbury–Lutterworth turnpike passing to west of Badby, with tollgate at ‘Badby Gap’1765 
 172086 houses
The Church steeple collapsed; rebuilding begun 1707, completed 17091705 
 1676Population – 420 Conformist, 0 Papist, 0 Non-conformist
All the routes out of Badby gated1636 
Date of inscription on Badby church bells1623 
Rectorship and patronage of Badby and Newnham passed to Christ Church, Oxford1546 
 1540Population 280 (56 houses x 5, 37 listed as messuages)
Dissolution of the monasteries1539 
Moated hall rebuilt1379 
Construction of Parish Church of St Mary the VirginEarly C14 
Emparkment of Badby Woods for deer hunting by Henry III 1246 
Moated grange built at Badby by the Abbot of Evesham1189 
 1104Population 250 – 43 Heads of Household and 6 tenants (x 5 for population?) 50 houses (?) Totals include Newnham.
Record of Badby in Domesday Book – value £81086 
Three Saxon Boundary Charters describe Badby estate boundaries (which included Newnham)944– 1021 
Mesozoic Era, Jurassic Period – Geological structures within which Badby sits formed12–150 million years ago  

Last updated 3 February 2018